By Deborah, Alysa and ImpulseSavers
Last week we wrote about 51 ways to save while shopping to stop impulse-buying! We covered everything from saving for a rainy day, to tips for grocery shopping on a budget and taught you creative ways to save money on everything from appliances to cheap date night ideas.
Well the impulse-saving duo is at it again except this time we’re here to tell you how to impulsesave.
Why impulsesave? Well the old way of saving just isn’t cutting it. You haven’t used your piggy bank since, well, you were ten and not to be “that guy” but most Americans don’t even have $1,000 saved. Luckily for you and for us - ImpulseSave solves this problem and makes it FUN helping you turn little impulses into lifelong habits that set you on the lazy river to retirement and financial bliss.
So here’s our list of fun ways to save money on anything and everything with impulsesave!
ImpulseSave Instead - stop impulse-buying and impulsesave!
- Impulsesave $1.00 each time you resist the urge to download that new app.
- Kick an unhealthy habit and impulsesave whenever you skip a cigarette.
- Encourage healthy eating by impulsesaving $3.00 every time you skip dessert.
- Go to the Library instead of the Café for wifi and impulsesave $5.
- Have friends over for drinks and dessert and impulsesave $10 instead of going out.
- Drink soda or seltzer at happy hour and impulsesave $5.
- Impulsesave $5 by skipping the local ice cream parlor and go for a walk instead.
- Put one item back everytime you shop and impulsesave $20 to something nice!
- Make lunch at home and impulsesave $5 for brown-bagging it.
- Skip the personal trainer and download a free exercise app - save $25.
- Re-gift a giftcard you haven’t used and impulsesave $50.
- Looking for ways to save on your wedding? Turn to Pinterest for tips instead of buying a magazine and impulsesave $5.
ImpulseSave The Difference - control your spending and get ahead!
- Round up to the next dollar on all your purchases - and impulsesave the difference!
- Feeling groovy? Download itunes’ free song of the day and impulsesave $1.99.
- Just need caffeine? Skip the grande and opt for the tall - impulsesave $1.50
- Earn double the rewards by impulsesaving your rewards points on that credit card.
- Impulsesave the difference when you get something on sale or clearance.
- Need furniture? Check thrift stores for gently loved finds and impulsesave up to $300!
- When you finish a DIY project, impulsesave the original cost.
- Impulsesave the difference when you use coupons to save on everyday items.
- Make your own coffee and impulsesave the $3 you would have spent at Starbs.
- Going greenthumb? Impulsesave the cost of store-bought veggies; $2-$5 per meal.
- Grabbing fast food? Opt for the kid’s menu and impulsesave the difference.
- See matiné and impulsesave $5 (or treat yourself to popcorn :))
- Instead of a $30 pino noir head to Trader Joes for the two-buck Chuck and impulsesave $28.
ImpulseSave To Get Ahead - saving money for future you.
- Baby on the way? Impulsesave $5 every time you think of your little one.
- Impulsesave all or a portion of your side hustle income.
- Be prepared for car repair: impulsesave $10 every time you pass an auto shop.
- Impulsesave $5 to retirement everytime you pass a senior home.
- Caught in the rain? Try impulsesaving for a rainy day - we suggest $10.
- Impulsesave $5 towards a new gadget every time you drop your phone.
- Get moving! Impulsesave the # of miles you walk or run each day.
- Impulsesave to vacation every time you have a stressful day at work!
- For one month, impulsesave the dollar amount equal to the day’s date.
- Recharge with a run/walk instead of that mocha and impulsesave $5.
- On payday impulsesave $100 just because you can.
- When a friend pays the bill, impulsesave the cost of your meal.
- Impulsesave $5 every time you’re running late to your retirement goal.
Ideas From ImpulseSavers - more creative ways to save money!
- Save $5 each time you walk past the Starbucks rather than going in! - Lena at WhatMommyDoes
- Create an impulsesave account to save for your tax bill the next year. - Jessica at The Debt Princess
- Make yourself pay a stupid tax - every time you pay a fee you shouldn’t have, impulsesave it, too! - Carrie of Careful Cents
- Bring lunch and ImpulseSave the difference! - Anne
- Impulsesave the bounty in your coin jar! - Meg
- Every time I get a free meal or coffee I impulsesave the difference - Colleen
- Impulsesave to hit the reset button whenever you feel stressed about money. - Phil
- I save just because I can’t believe how much I’ve already saved! - Madeline
- Impulsesave when you get a free Birthday lunch! - Beth Ann
- I impulsesave $5 every time I’ve skipped the latte - every bit counts! - Daniel
- Impulsesave just because! From Travis of Our Journey To Zero
- $10 Because I made dinner at home last night! - Michelle
- $10 Just to have some post-grad fun! - Julia
Do you have any other ideas for how to impulsesave? What is your favorite way to save on-the-go?