How many times has a cashier asked you if you had a rewards card and you casually shrugged, thinking those cards never gave anything in return? In reality, these cards have a primary purpose of making you a returning customer, but they are also a good way to save money and get the most out of your dollar. So if you already get your morning coffee at Starbucks, why not sign up for their card and save money today?
- Free drink on your birthday
- Green tier (after 5 purchases)
- Free soy milk/syrup
- Free refills
- Free tall drink with purchase of beans
- Gold tier (after 30 purchases)
- Buy 15, get 1 free
- Personalized gold card
- 2% back in ExtraBucks
- $1 in ExtraBucks for every 2 prescriptions filled
- Access to ExtraSavings coupons
- 2% back in RewardZone certificates
- Cash out at $5, $10, or $20
4. Subway Card
- 1 point for every dollar spent at Subway
- 20 points is redeemable for a drink
- 75 points is redeemable for a sub
- 1 Dunkin’ Dollar for every $20 spent
- Set your card to auto-recharge and receive 2 dollars for every $20 spent
6. Supermarket Rewards
- Almost all chain supermarkets have a rewards program
- Discounts/sales often only apply to cardmembers
- Great for anyone buying groceries on a budget
- For more tips to grocery shopping on a budget check out this link!
The biggest pain about rewards cards? Carrying all of them with you when you go shopping; check out #6 on this list for a cool trick to solve that problem! These cards are a great way to control your spending without making any sacrifices. Looking for hotel and airline rewards? Check out this link for some great information!
And each time you swipe or scan your card at a store, ImpulseSave the difference; saving money on food and other necessities has never been better!